Recipes from the Dr’s office….
So I was waiting ….in the waiting room(and waiting…and waiting…..)
and found this recipe in a “parents” magazine and snapped a photo with the ipod camera
and will be making it today
now I bought boneless/skinless chicken thighs to use…the recipe calls for chicken drumsticks,..but as pull the chicken off the bones for the recipe I don’t think it really matters.
it’s essentially a chicken broth with
snow peas, napa cabbage and brown rice noodles , and of course the shredded chicken meat
the broth is created with ginger, and chicken broth
garnished with green onions,
the noodles, soy sauce and and salt/pepper are added to taste at the end.
- 3 green onions
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 small head Napa cabbage
- 8 ounces brown rice pad Thai noodles
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, bias sliced into thirds
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper
and if you don’t add the soy sauce you have a
shell fish free
my kids don’t really care for soup but given the amount of pasta in this dish
I think they may actually eat it!
From Parents Magazine: